Instructor: Liz Kettle
Traditionally, needle felting uses only wool fibers but in this improv and intuitive class we are going to mix it up with a variety of cool fabrics and fibers to create awesome textures for a base that we will hand stitch into for even more yummy texture, pattern and color.
Materials Fee: $10 includes use of needle felting tools and machines. I will also supply additional fabrics
Supplies to bring:
- Felted wool or craft felt for the base fabric 6" x 9" up to 8"x10"
- Assorted fabrics in colors you love. A great way to use scraps: could include silk organza, hand dyed silk, silk/rayon velvet, sheers and thin cottons, dyed cheesecloth. No more than a gallon zip lock bag full.
- Assorted fibers: silk and wool roving. No more than a gallon zip lock bag full.
- Threads in blending and contrasting colors : I use an assortment of thread weights and fibers.
- thimble if you use one, readers if needed,
Location: Textiles West North
Number of hours for class: 5 hours
Class Level: Fascination, all levels welcome
Member Price: $75
Non-Member Price: $85
Instructor Bio: Why I Sew:
I have been intrigued with stitching since I was a child. I have never lost the feeling that something magical happens when you combine fabric and stitch. There are just so many possibilities….will this fabric want to be a bag, a journal cover, or a skirt or become part of a special story in collage? Fabric is such a malleable material. It can be draped, sculpted, textured or smooth. Stitching is so incredibly satisfying….why would anyone not sew?