Instructor: Liz Kettle
Are you looking for some great new techniques to add texture and interest to your collages?
Let’s turn up the heat…tools that is. In this workshop you will create lots of great texture with heat embossing, distressing and impression techniques. Next, we enhance our designs with some sparkle and shine using foil. We will add some stamping, stitching and spackling to the mix to create beautiful small collages full of texture, texture and a bit more texture.
Materials fee: $25 includes: Lutradur, Tyvek, fusible web, use of instructor’s stencils, foam, foil and adhesive, paints, papers, stamps, hot tools, and pigment powders
Supplies to bring:
- 3 to 4 fluid acrylic paint in your favorite colors. Alternative coloring material options to bring are acrylic inks, Inktense pencils, oil pastels, walnut ink etc. Bring what you have....no need to purchase something new unless you are looking for an excuse.
- container for water and assortment of paint brushes
- embroidery floss or perle cotton and chenille needle
- favorite papers, book pages,
- fabric bits, lace, buttons, paper flowers or other embellishments
- heat embossing gun if you already have one
Location: Textiles West North
Number of hours: 6 hrs
Class Level: Fascination, all levels welcome
Member Price: $85
Non-Member Price: $95
Instructor Bio: I have been intrigued with stitching since I was a child. I have never lost the feeling that something magical happens when you combine fabric and stitch. There are just so many possibilities….will this fabric want to be a bag, a journal cover, or a skirt or become part of a special story in collage? Fabric is such a malleable material. It can be draped, sculpted, textured or smooth. Stitching is so incredibly satisfying….why would anyone not sew?